Browse Items (47 total)

2012.66.1058 300dpi 4x6.jpg
Kishwaukee Street, looking north from 15th Avenue, in September 1977. A Shell Gas Station is at left.

2012.66.1027 300dpi 4x6.jpg
The intersection of Kishwaukee Street and Harrison Avenue looking west. The buildings on the right are part of Rockford Products.

2012.66.1026 300dpi 4x6.jpg
The intersection of Kishwaukee Street and Harrison Avenue. Bethel Baptist Church is on the left on the Northeast corner. To the right is Rockford Products.

2012.66.969 300dpi 4x6.jpg
Area around the corner of Walnut and Kishwaukee Streets looking southeast in February 1979. Visible are the Masonic Temple (built as First Congregational Church and destroyed by fire in September 2020) and a Mercedes Benz car dealership.

2012.66.824 300dpi 4x6.jpg
Learn 'n' Care Day Care, located in Eastview Baptist Church at 714 3rd Avenue at Kishwaukee Street, November 1976.

2012.66.823 300dpi 4x6.jpg
Learn 'n' Care Day Care, located in Eastview Baptist Church at 714 3rd Avenue at Kishwaukee Street, November 1976.

2012.66.642 300dpi 4x6.jpg
Nokomo Heights public housing in the 2800 block of Kishwaukee Street. Several African American residents stand by the building. Built and operated by the county, Nokomo Heights was transferred to the Rockford Housing Authority in 1965. In 1969 the…

2012.66.540 300dpi 4x6.jpg
409 Kishwaukee Street in Haight Village Historic District. The house was built in 1890.

2012.66.129 300dpi 4x6.jpg
National Lock Fastener Division at 4500 Kishwaukee Street.

2012.66.100 300dpi 4x6.jpg
Rockford Screw Products at Kishwaukee Street and Harrison Avenue. Looking southeast.

85.109(I).438a 96 dpi wm.jpg
Home of Colonel Thomas G. Lawler (1844-1908), located at 218 Kishwaukee Street. The architectural style of the home is Italianate. It is characterized by the flat roof with overhanging eaves, row of decorative brackets under the roof line, tall and…

88.1.132b 96 dpi wm.jpg
Frank and Lena Stibb family homestead, view from the north, located at 315 Kishwaukee Street. The home was also the location for the Rockford Swedish Mutual Fire Insurance Company. The north section of the property was sold to Standard Oil Company…

88.1.132 96 dpi wm.jpg
Frank and Lena Stibb family homestead located at 315 Kishwaukee Street. The home was also the location for the Rockford Swedish Mutual Fire Insurance Company. The north section of the property was sold to Standard Oil Company in 1916 with a station…

85.109(I).905.104 96 dpi wm.jpg
The home of Winfield Anderson located at 321 Kishwaukee Street on the corner of Grove Street. Smith Oil Company built a station at 323 Kishwaukee Street in 1919.

2017.43.1031 96 dpi wm.jpg
Company Leadership at the groundbreaking ceremony for the new National Lock Company fastener plant at 4500 Kishwaukee Street. From left to right are Mark Sommer, Edwin W. North, J.R. Sommer, unknown, A.H. Charles, and Rueben Sommer.

2017.43.1030 96 dpi wm.jpg
Company Leadership at the groundbreaking ceremony for the new National Lock Company fastener plant at 4500 Kishwaukee Street. Left to right are Edwin W. North, Wally Sommer, Rueben Sommer, M.V. McAdoo, unknown, J.R. Sommer, and Mark Sommer.

2017.43.1029 96 dpi wm.jpg
Groundbreaking ceremony for the new National Lock Company fastener plant at 4500 Kishwaukee Street. Those standing (left to right) are Edwin W. North, A.H. Charles, M.V. McAdoo, Hulda Johnson, J.R. Sommer, Richard Carlson and Rueben Sommer. Kneeling…

2017.43.1026 96 dpi wm.jpg
Edwin W. North standing outside the newly constructed fastener division plant of National Lock Company on Kishwaukee Street. North was the Vice President of Engineering and Research at the National Lock Company.

2017.43.1025 96 dpi wm.jpg
Edwin W. North (left) and three unidentified foreign visitors at the new fastener plant of the National Lock Company on Kishwaukee Street. North was the Vice President of Engineering and Research at the National Lock Company.

2017.43.1024 96 dpi wm.jpg
Edwin W. North(second from left) and five unidentified foreign visitors at the new fastener plant of the National Lock Company on Kishwaukee Street. North was the Vice President of Engineering and Research at the National Lock Company.

2017.43.1022 96 dpi wm.jpg
Two unidentified men standing with Edwin W. North(right).North was the Vice President of Engineering and Research at the National Lock Company. They are standing in a parking lot outside of what is believed to be the National Lock factory on…

2017.43.1018 96 dpi wm.jpg
Black and white aerial view of National Lock Company Fastener Division plant opened on Kishwaukee Street near the Greater Rockford Airport in November 1957.

2017.43.1017 96 dpi wm.jpg
Black and white aerial view of National Lock Company Fastener Division plant opened on Kishwaukee Street near the Greater Rockford Airport in November 1957.

2017.43.1015 96 dpi wm.jpg
National Lock Company building in the process of being built on Kishwaukee St. Pictured is Edwin W. North, Mark Sommer Sr. and Vytant Aleks. North was the Vice President of Engineering and Research at the National Lock Company. Sommer was the…

2017.43.1014 96 dpi wm.jpg
Vytant Aleks(left), Industrial Engineer Designer for National Lock Company and Edwin W. North (right). They are standing in what looks to be a gravel pit. North was the Vice President of Engineering and Research at the National Lock Company. Aleks…

2016.18.1 96 dpi wm.jpg
Mission Tabernacle Church's Young Peoples Society posed in front of the church, located at 330 Kishwaukee Street. Swedish immigrants organized the Mission Tabernacle Church June 1, 1875 under the name of Swedish Evangelical Lutheran Mission Society.…

88.1.131 96 dpi wm.jpg
State Street Baptist Church located at 1135 East State Street, at the junction with Third and Kishwaukee Streets. A horse is at a water trough. The Norman Clark Flour and Feed is at right.

2016.41.1267 96 535 wm.jpg
Clearing the ground for the building of Rockford Screw Products Plant #3 (707 Harrison Avenue).

2016.41.929 96 dpi water marked.jpg
Construction workmen laying brick for Rockford Screw Products Plant #3.

2016.41.928 96 dpi water marked.jpg
Construction workmen on the future site of Rockford Screw Products Plant #3.

2016.41.913 96 dpi water marked.jpg
Construction photo of Rockford Screw Products Plant #3 at 707 Harrison Avenue and Kishwaukee Street.

2007.25.30 96 dpi watermarked.jpg
A photograph displaying National Mirror Works' interior at 1925 Kishwaukee St. in Rockford IL. Three men are at work at the rear of the shop (center) and a 1940s vintage automobile is parked behind them.

2007.25.31 96 dpi watermarked.jpg
This black and white photograph depicts the interior of the National Mirror Works, 1925 Kishwaukee St., Rockford IL. Two employees (right) are at work while a man in suspenders and tie (left), perhaps a manager or supervisor, observes.

2007.25.32 96 dpi watermarked.jpg
A black and white photograph of a National Mirror Works delivery truck. The company was located at 1925 Kishwaukee St. in Rockford IL. The date stamp in the photo's top middle reads, "Jan 23, '24." Signage on the vehicle proclaims, "National Mirror…

93.88.2 96 dpi watermarked.jpg
An aerial view of the National Lock Company's new plant on Kishwaukee St. The company moved into its new facility on July 13, 1957. This photograph is mounted on heavy mat cardboard. For an additional view, see photo 93.88.1.

93.88.1 96 dpi watermarked.jpg
An aerial view of the National Lock Company's new plant on Kishwaukee St. The company moved into its new facility on July 13, 1957. This photograph is mounted on heavy mat cardboard. For an additional view, see photo 93.88.2

83.45.74 96 dpi watermarked.jpg
This lively intersection shows a horse-drawn trolley (left) before the advent of electric streetcars, and Woodard & Parks, Fresh & Salt Meats, next to a Paper Hangings establishment on the right.

2012.49.13 96 dpi watermarked.jpg
This color rendering depicts the Rockford Sanitary District, 3300 Kishwaukee, Rockford, Illinois. On the back: "Rockford, 85 miles northwest of Chicago, is the third largest city in the state. It is located in the heart of a rich agriculture and…

85.109.634 96 dpi wm.jpg
This rendition seems the same as the photo in postcard 85.109.630 except that Kishwaukee School, located at Kishwaukee and Caitlin Streets, appears as a light-colored structure in this rendering. It may be autumn or winter since the trees are bare.

85.109.630 96 dpi wm.jpg
The Gothic-looking, red brick structure of Kishwaukee School, at Kishwaukee and Caitlin Streets, is pictured with its tower sporting an archway. A group of people are assembled in front of this portion of the building.

85.109.466 96 dpi watermarked.jpg
This black and white photograph shows the church building in the background with its high spire and a horse-drawn wagon in the foreground within the wide intersection expanse. The church is located at the intersection of East State, North Third, and…

85.109.465 96 dpi watermarked.jpg
This color photograph (the same as photo 85.109.406) shows the church building in the background with its high spire and a horse-drawn wagon in the foreground within the wide intersection expanse. The front of the postcard states that the building is…

85.109.406 96 dpi watermarked.jpg
This color photograph shows the church building in the background with its high spire and a horse-drawn wagon in the foreground within the wide intersection expanse. The church is located at the intersection of East State, North Third, and Kishwaukee…

85.109.448 96 dpi watermarked.jpg
This black and white rendering displays a long view of two sides of the building sprawling around the corner of Kishwaukee Street and 3rd Avenue in Rockford IL.

85.109.481 96 dpi watermarked.jpg
This black and white photograph depicts the interior with chairs on the main floor, a platform containing a lectern with a huge pipe organ behind it, and balconies on both sides of the room. The tabernacle is located at Kishwaukee Street and 3rd…

74.122.25 96 dpi watermarked.jpg
This black and white photograph shows the Swedish Mission Tabernacle, located on the corner of Kishwaukee Street and 3rd Avenue. The card is postmarked from Rockford IL on July 3, 1911.

88.122.591 96 dpi watermarked.jpg
The First Congregational Church building is at the corner of S. 3rd and Kishwaukee Streets. It was one of the first churches founded in Rockford. The church building still stands at the same location but does not provide Congregational services.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2