The YMCA Building, at the corner of East State and Madison Streets looking north, was occupied in 1889. The building was sold in 1906 and served as the East Side Inn for many years. (Reference - Sinnissippi Saga, page 370)
A large horse-drawn carriage proceeds west on East State street across the State and Madison Street intersection. The YMCA Building stands in the background of this photograph. The YMCA Building was occupied in late 1889.