Rockford Country Club

2009.50.11 96 dpi wm.jpg

Title

Rockford Country Club

Description

Aerial view, looking west across North Main Street, of the Rockford Country Club golf course along the Rock River at far right. Greenwood Cemetery is at the left. The Rockford Country Club was started in 1899 by William Talcott and his son Wait. Otis Eddy's farm on North Main, one block north of Willoughby Avenue, was purchased for the site of the new country club. As Rockford grew, new streets were added and addresses adjusted. The Rockford Country Club is now located at 2500 Oxford Street.

Date

circa 1960

Rights

Midway Village Museum

Type

Still Image

Identifier

2009.50.11

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

8" x 10"

Citation

“Rockford Country Club,” Midway Village Museum - Digital Collections, accessed October 23, 2021, https://midwayvillagemuseumdigitalcollections.omeka.net/items/show/4493.

Social Bookmarking