Rockford's Expansion

2009.50.12 96 dpi wm.jpg

Title

Rockford's Expansion

Description

Aerial view looking southwest across East State Street and Alpine Road. They cross at the lower left. Guilford-Turner Cemetery, established in 1855, is located at the north east corner of East State Street and Alpine Road. It is at the lower left corner of the image. As Rockford's population grew, houses were built to the south and east, expanding the city limits.

Date

circa 1960

Rights

Midway Village Museum

Type

Still Image

Identifier

2009.50.12

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

8" x 10"

Citation

“Rockford's Expansion,” Midway Village Museum - Digital Collections, accessed December 5, 2022, https://midwayvillagemuseumdigitalcollections.omeka.net/items/show/4494.

Social Bookmarking