Churches and Scouting

2012.32.1 96 dpi wm.jpg

Title

Churches and Scouting

Description

Three generations of women in Girl Scout uniforms; L to R, Ann Stewart, Louise "Johnnie" Schulz Stewart, Annette Shoudy Stewart. This Girl Scout troop was affiliated with the Unitarian Church. The church was founded in 1841 by early first settlers to Rockford. Over the years, their church moved to various locations; 1888 at Mulberry and Chestnut Streets, 1941 - 1966 Ridge and Auburn Streets which then became headquarters for the Girl Scouts for many years, and a new church located east of Alpine Road at 4848 Turner Street. Scout troops were often affiliated with a church as it provided space for activities.

Date

circa 1951

Rights

Midway Village Museum

Format

jpeg

Type

Still Image

Identifier

2012.32.1

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

10" x 8"

Citation

“Churches and Scouting,” Midway Village Museum - Digital Collections, accessed July 29, 2021, https://midwayvillagemuseumdigitalcollections.omeka.net/items/show/3964.

Social Bookmarking