Thomas Garrett Homestead

2011.9.70 96 dpi wm.jpg

Title

Thomas Garrett Homestead

Description

The Thomas Garrett homestead in 1943, located at North Mulford Road. The Garrett family were early pioneers in Rockford acquiring the farm in 1841. St. Mark Lutheran Church purchased the Garrett farm July 1961. Members of the church congregation removed the farm outbuildings, saving wooden beams from the barn. These beams were used to make the wooden cross that was hung in the original sanctuary of the new church building.

Date

1943

Rights

Midway Village Museum

Type

Still Image

Identifier

2011.9.70

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

6" x 6.75"

Citation

“Thomas Garrett Homestead,” Midway Village Museum - Digital Collections, accessed August 12, 2022, https://midwayvillagemuseumdigitalcollections.omeka.net/items/show/4502.

Social Bookmarking