Hugh and Ellen Breckenridge Home

77.171.2 96 dpi wm.jpg

Title

Hugh and Ellen Breckenridge Home

Description

The home of Hugh and Ellen Breckenridge. The house was located on an 80-acre farm west of Mulford (an address of 1332 Camp Avenue was later assigned to the house location). The farm was purchased by Hugh's father Edward Breckenridge in 1854. Ellen died in the home in 1898, and Hugh continued to farm and live there until his death in 1920. In 1927, the Italianate style home was remodeled and the wing at the right that had the kitchen and dining room, was removed and used as a workshop. In 1973, this building was moved to Midway Village Museum.

Date

circa early 1900s

Rights

Midway Village Museum

Type

Still Image

Identifier

77.171.2

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

5" x 5"

Citation

“Hugh and Ellen Breckenridge Home,” Midway Village Museum - Digital Collections, accessed September 20, 2021, https://midwayvillagemuseumdigitalcollections.omeka.net/items/show/4414.

Social Bookmarking