First Presbyterian Church

2013.66.35 96 dpi wm.jpg

Title

First Presbyterian Church

Description

Looking west at First Presbyterian Church, located at 406 North Main Street. The church was formed in 1854. A simple building called the "Little Brown Church" was used until a permanent building was built in 1862 on West State Street. A larger building was dedicated 1908 at the current location on North Main Street. Citing a shrinking congregation and increasing costs, the church merged with Second Congregational Church in 2011.

Date

circa 1960

Rights

Midway Village Museum

Format

jpeg

Type

Still Image

Identifier

2013.66.35

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

8.5" x 11"

Citation

“First Presbyterian Church,” Midway Village Museum - Digital Collections, accessed October 19, 2021, https://midwayvillagemuseumdigitalcollections.omeka.net/items/show/3968.

Social Bookmarking