Court Street United Methodist Church

90.44.2t 96 dpi wm.jpg

Title

Court Street United Methodist Church

Description

View of West State Street from Church Street. Court Street Methodist Church is at the right. The Second Methodist Episcopal Church was organized January 1852. Construction on a west side church started in 1853 on a lot on the west side of Court Street near State Street. As the congregation grew, a larger building was needed. In 1884, construction began on the corner of Court and Mulberry Streets. In May 1887 the Court Street Methodist Episcopal Church was dedicated. Over time, the church expanded to accommodate the growing congregation and eventually the name changed to the current Court Street United Methodist Church.

Date

circa late 1800s

Rights

Midway Village Museum

Format

jpeg

Type

Still Image

Identifier

90.44.2t

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

7.5" x 5"

Citation

“Court Street United Methodist Church,” Midway Village Museum - Digital Collections, accessed December 1, 2021, https://midwayvillagemuseumdigitalcollections.omeka.net/items/show/3956.

Social Bookmarking