Carlson Motor Company

2008.36.42 96 dpi wm.jpg

Title

Carlson Motor Company

Description

Automobiles on display in a show room with a "Oakland Pontiac," sign on the wall. The cars are circa 1929-1931. The Carlson Motor Company was established in the early 1920s with Fred E. Carlson as president and treasurer and Roy E. Carlson as secretary. The company was located at 1135-37 Charles Street. In 1925 the company was an Oakland car distributor, advertising "Oakland Six Sales and Service". By 1928, Carlson Motor Company included "Oakland Pontiac Sales and Service. This continued until 1934 when the company expanded to 1131-37 Charles Street and now included Ford Sales and Service with Roy E. Carlson as the service manager.

Date

circa 1930

Rights

Midway Village Museum

Format

jpeg

Type

Still Image

Identifier

2008.36.42

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

8" x 10"

Citation

“Carlson Motor Company,” Midway Village Museum - Digital Collections, accessed July 28, 2021, https://midwayvillagemuseumdigitalcollections.omeka.net/items/show/3658.

Social Bookmarking