Babcock & Wilcox.

84.1.21a 96 dpi watermarked.jpg

Title

Babcock & Wilcox.

Description

Exterior view of what the sign in front proclaims is "Babcock & Wilcox, W. F. & John Barnes." W. F. & John Barnes was formed about 1874 and later became Babcock & Wilcox. By 1984, Ingersoll was housed here. This structure, at 326 S. Madison St., was where the old Rockford Watch Factory was located (see photo 87.147.16).

Date

circa 1976

Rights

Midway Village Museum

Format

jpeg

Type

Still Image

Identifier

84.1.21a

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

8" x 10"

Citation

“Babcock & Wilcox.,” Midway Village Museum - Digital Collections, accessed July 26, 2021, https://midwayvillagemuseumdigitalcollections.omeka.net/items/show/2598.

Social Bookmarking