Interior of Burr Brothers' Cash Grocers - Main Floor.

2015.49.15 96 dpi watermarked.jpg

Title

Interior of Burr Brothers' Cash Grocers - Main Floor.

Description

Burr Brothers' Grocers opened on N. Church St. in 1894, growing to have seven branches and mammoth trade. One of the largest and most beautiful stores in the Midwest, Burr Brothers sold rare delicacies such as imported nuts and fruits as well as handmade chocolates, ice cream, and imported cheeses. The meat department was the size of the store itself. Burr Brothers had multiple locations along Main and State Streets and even opened a sporting goods store. In this photograph, the candy counter is in the forefront with the cheese counter on the right and canned goods stacked throughout.

Date

circa 1890s

Rights

Midway Village Museum

Format

jpeg

Type

Still Image

Identifier

2015.49.15

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

8.5" x 11"

Citation

“Interior of Burr Brothers' Cash Grocers - Main Floor.,” Midway Village Museum - Digital Collections, accessed August 9, 2022, https://midwayvillagemuseumdigitalcollections.omeka.net/items/show/1778.

Social Bookmarking