The New Trinity Lutheran Church, Rockford, Illinois.

2010.41.18 96 dpi watermarked.jpg

Title

The New Trinity Lutheran Church, Rockford, Illinois.

Description

The neoclassical-looking structure of this church includes a six-columned portico supporting an entablature with a triangular pediment above that pointing to a jutting spire. The building is situated at North First and Jefferson Streets. On the back: "Located at 200 North First Street in downtown Rockford. Congregation founded in 1895. Georgian Colonial structure with air-conditioning and indirect lighting in Sanctuary. Completed 1956. Cornerstone from Bethlehem, Palestine, birthplace of Jesus Christ." The card is postmarked from Rockford IL on January 1, 1960, with a four cent postage stamp.

Creator

Henry Brueckner

Publisher

Color-View, Inc., 208 N. Main St., Rockford, Ill.

Date

Postmarked 1960

Rights

Midway Village Museum

Format

jpeg

Type

Still Image

Identifier

2010.41.18

Original Format

Postcard

Physical Dimensions

3.5" x 5.5"

Citation

Henry Brueckner, “The New Trinity Lutheran Church, Rockford, Illinois.,” Midway Village Museum - Digital Collections, accessed July 26, 2021, https://midwayvillagemuseumdigitalcollections.omeka.net/items/show/1397.

Social Bookmarking