Men's Tuxedo Tennis Club

88.122.762 96 dpi watermarked.jpg

Title

Men's Tuxedo Tennis Club

Description

Fourteen men pose on a cinder tennis court for this photograph. A club banner proclaiming "Tuxedo Tennis Club" is suspended from the net. The club was formed in 1895 and played matches at the corner of Elm and S. Winnebago Streets on the Briggs lot. A residential neighborhood is seen in the background. It is unclear where this photo was taken.

Date

circa 1895 - 1900

Rights

Midway Village Museum

Format

jpeg

Type

Still Image

Identifier

88.122.762

Original Format

Glass Plate Negative

Physical Dimensions

8" x 10"

Citation

“Men's Tuxedo Tennis Club,” Midway Village Museum - Digital Collections, accessed June 20, 2021, https://midwayvillagemuseumdigitalcollections.omeka.net/items/show/1258.

Social Bookmarking