Rockford City Railway Co. Electric Car

88.122.730 96 dpi watermarked.jpg

Title

Rockford City Railway Co. Electric Car

Description

A Rockford City Railway Company electric car that served the Church Street and Harlem Avenue route is stopped with the motormen posing for a photograph. In 1881 the Rockford Street Railroad Company started with horse-drawn cars then switched to electric in 1889. In 1890 the company was acquired by the Rockford City Railway Company, which was in turn acquired in 1898 by the Rockford Railway Light & Power Company. The Rockford Interurban started in 1902 with a route between Rockford and Belvidere.

Date

circa 1890 - 1898

Rights

Midway Village Museum

Format

jpeg

Type

Still Image

Identifier

88.122.730

Original Format

Glass Plate Negative

Physical Dimensions

8" x 10"

Citation

“Rockford City Railway Co. Electric Car,” Midway Village Museum - Digital Collections, accessed October 27, 2021, https://midwayvillagemuseumdigitalcollections.omeka.net/items/show/1228.

Social Bookmarking