Aftermath of Second Congregational Church Fire

88.122.655 96 dpi watermarked.jpg

Title

Aftermath of Second Congregational Church Fire

Description

The Second Congregational Church was founded in 1849. On February 20, 1894, the church was destroyed by fire. It was rebuilt at the same location at 318 N. Church Street where it serves its congregation today. On December 19, 1979, fire again destroyed the church, requiring demolition and rebuilding for a second time at the same location. Additional depictions can be seen in photos 88.122.654, 88.122.656, 88.122.657, 88.122.658, and 90.5.59. (Reference - Sinnissippi Saga, page 213.)

Date

circa 1894

Rights

Midway Village Museum

Format

jpeg

Type

Still Image

Identifier

88.122.655

Original Format

Glass Plate Negative

Physical Dimensions

5" x 7"

Citation

“Aftermath of Second Congregational Church Fire,” Midway Village Museum - Digital Collections, accessed June 19, 2021, https://midwayvillagemuseumdigitalcollections.omeka.net/items/show/1144.

Social Bookmarking