East State Street Shop

88.122.622 96 dpi watermarked.jpg

Title

East State Street Shop

Description

This particular storefront, 310 E. State Street, was a very popular location in Rockford over the years (1870s through the early 1900s and beyond). This particular photograph may show the storefront in 1890 after Frank W. Ellison formed a partnership with Edmund Elvidge in February 1890 and started the Ellison & Elvidge Store. The store "dealt with fancy groceries, provisions, flour, canned and bottled goods, spices, confectionery, fruit, vegetables, butter, eggs, etc." Numerous retail businesses occupied that space down through the years.

Date

circa 1890 - 1900

Rights

Midway Village Museum

Format

jpeg

Type

Still Image

Identifier

88.122.622

Original Format

Glass Plate Negative

Physical Dimensions

5" x 7"

Citation

“East State Street Shop,” Midway Village Museum - Digital Collections, accessed August 3, 2021, https://midwayvillagemuseumdigitalcollections.omeka.net/items/show/1111.

Social Bookmarking